Hey all! So sorry for the delay in writing! Things have been kind of hectic the past couple of days! Let me first give you a quick update on what has been going on:
3. It is truly a showing of self-control when you go to a “Sweet Tomatoes” or “Fresh Choice” and ALL you eat is salad! No soup? No breads? Torture!
4. Got my 2nd migraine in 5 days (yesterday), coming to a total of 5 migraines in 6 weeks. NOT happy. However, with my health insurance non-existent at the moment, I have no choice but to grin and bear it!
5. I am obsessed with the Mandarin Orange Spark! It’s funny because, before I started the cleanse, I thought it would be my least favorite flavor! Ironically, what I thought would be my favorite flavor (grape) is the worst!
6. Don’t torture yourself and think of all the fun things you are going to be able to eat once the challenge is done! Otherwise, you won’t enjoy the food that is in front of you right now (and it’s pretty delicious!).
Now, let’s get to real-time and what’s been going on starting today! Billy and I have decided that we would only weigh each other every 8 days (4 times total — day 1, day 8, day 16, and the final day 24). I definitely felt a difference when I looked in the mirror throughout the past 8 days, although I tried to convince myself that it was just in my head and not reality! However, I am VERY happy to report that:
• Billy has lost 7 pounds since the cleanse began!
• I have lost 6.6 pounds since the cleanse began!
Weighing in this morning was a great jump start to the week. Definitely put a big smile on my face, especially because I wasn’t expecting it! With only 2 days left of the cleanse portion of the challenge, we can only imagine what is to come on the “lean-in-13” phase! We are both feeling great, happy, and a few pounds lighter! The only downside to starting this week is that we have 3 more days of the horrid fiber drink! I hope you all have a great start to the week as I am having today!
And on a completely related topic, I would like to give a HUGE congratulations to Adele for her 6 grammy wins last night! Her album “21” has been my favorite since it was released a year ago, getting me through my hours and hours of studying for the California Bar this past summer! You deserve everything and more, Adele, and I’m so glad your voice is back!